Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The New Lentil Lady

Hello there! My name is Allyson Rohde and I am the new intern at the Pullman Chamber of Commerce. Things have gone extremely well for my first few weeks at the Chamber, and I am so excited to be working with such an amazing group of ladies!

At the moment, the chamber office is working on putting together another great 4th of July celebration. We have set donations jars around town to help raise money for fireworks, and we will soon be calling around for volunteers. It will be a fantastic 4th of July this year, I can feel it!

The Lentil Festival plans are also coming along. Our 2009 poster has been very popular so far. I can't wait to see everything come together for the big event. And, if you hadn't heard, the festival will be 3 days long this year! We have a golf tournament that will take place on Monday, August 23rd at the new Palouse Ridge golf course. There is also talk of a rugby tournament joining on! I will keep you updated on that.

On Wednesday, June 10, Pullman's very own Farmer's Market will grace the streets of Pullman once again. This will be our 4th farmer's market (I believe). Each week keeps getting better and better with more vendors, more people, and live music. The energy has been high, and we would love to keep it that way! Come check it out every Wednesday from 4:30 to 6:30 pm. in the Old Post Office parking lot!

If you can STAND any more excitement, Mary Barstow is now Mary MacDonald! Congratulations to Mary and her new hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment